Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's no longer conspiracy - Bengals organization themselves feel disrespected by NFL
(01-06-2023, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am usually the guy when people say "I am going to sue!" I laugh and say good luck, but this does create an interesting situation. I wonder if someone holding a "Bengals to win the Super Bowl" ticket from before this change was made has a claim against the league. They have standing as they can argue the change inherently diminishes their chances of winning. They have an argument that league had rules in place for such a situations but instead chose to modify those changes arbitrarily.

Kind of interesting. Probably still wouldn't win because the NFL is a juggernaut but I wonder if you venue shopped it if you could potentially get an emergency injunction forcing them to use their previously stated rules. I think you could argue the timing of them cancelling the game THEN changing the rules created a situation that was one modifying the competitive balance. I bet season ticket holders could also make a claim if the Bengals end up losing the home field game that they are monetarily damaged.

It's not the Bengals that should sue, it is the City of Cincinnati that is suffering damages in lost tax revenue. THEY should be at the courthouse filing right now.... and we probably need to set up a go fund me page for the fine coming Zac's way....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's no longer conspiracy - Bengals organization themselves feel disrespected by NFL - Sled21 - 01-06-2023, 03:58 PM