Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
(01-06-2023, 06:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Chiefs do benefit.  They were basically given the #1 seed without earning it.  Buffalo was the #1 until the Bengals game was canceled.  If Buffalo wins their last two games, they would have been #1 regardless of what KC did their last two games.  If KC loses to Vegas and Buffalo only beats Cincinnati but turns around and loses to New England, Buffalo is still the #1.  If KC loses to Vegas and Cincinnat wins their last two games, Cincinnati would have been the #1. 

Coming in to the Bengals/Bills game Monday night in order for KC to get the #1 seed they needed Cincinnati to beat Buffalo while at the same time making sure they dont lose to Vegas this weekend.  With the canceled Bengals/Bills game KC got gifted the #1 seed without having to worry about any of that.  As for the AFC Championship game going to a neutral site, KC was never guaranteed that game to begin with as they were not even the #1 seed until the Bengals/Bills game was canceled and needed all those other scenarios to happen.  KC was gifted the #1 seed.

Firstly, you guys were gonna win Monday. That Bills team was already running on fumes, and you guys are hot right now. I can't read the future, but that was not a coin flip game.

Second, We don't benefit in that manner, because the moment the game was cancelled, the rules in place say you go off win percentage, giving us the clear 1 seed. Then they changed the rules which basically removed HFA from us, while the Bills and Bengals each got  85% of a late season bye (albeit not a traditional one). We were first seed according to the rules; then they decided to change the rules, mid season.

That being said, personally what should have happened was the game being played 2 days later or as a Week 19, but the NFL dropped the ball there.

And I'm not trying to play "Woe is me". I 100% agree you guys got ROYALLY screwed. I was just saying that 1.) We in general aren't happy either, and 2.) when I check fan boards, the only fan base that seems majority happy is the Bills, heck, a few guys on Two Bills Drive were even talking that the coin flip is an advantage for you all, because if the Ravens beat you twice you don't deserve it. (Crazy Mental Gymnastics, they just 100% assume they would win anything) 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all. - mahomey15 - 01-06-2023, 07:05 PM