Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The League Taught Taylor and Other HiCs a Lesson Today.
(01-06-2023, 07:27 PM)samhain Wrote: Oh, I don't think they were forceful or threatening about it.  I do, however, believe that playing on Monday was the league's desired outcome.  There's no way they had the balls to push it with any weight.  They aren't that dumb.

I absolutely do believe that the seeding agreement is a veiled way of discouraging teams from doing what the Bengals and Bills did at some point in the future.  

It's like a place I used to work.  The roads would ice over once or twice a year.  Lots of businesses would cancel work for inclement weather, my employer, almost without exception would not.  One winter, we had a big storm.  People got snowed in overnight at work.  Then we had another event.  This time was different.  Work was not called off, but about 30 percent of the workers stayed home.  They couldn't staff the place to run with a skeleton crew.  Work was called off.  The company said it was in the interest of worker safety.  What actually happened was a major change.  Workers forced it.  From that point on, they would call off production in inclement weather for extreme circumstances, knowing that people would just stay home.

This is what happened Monday.  It was the start of a new era in the league where players and coaches could seemingly not play if enough of them decided they wouldn't.  The league won't give in as the employer did in my example, but they will enact countermeasures.  Our seeding is the first countermeasure.

And what would have been more equitable?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The League Taught Taylor and Other HiCs a Lesson Today. - Soonerpeace - 01-06-2023, 07:34 PM