Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
(01-06-2023, 07:05 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Firstly, you guys were gonna win Monday. That Bills team was already running on fumes, and you guys are hot right now. I can't read the future, but that was not a coin flip game.

Second, We don't benefit in that manner, because the moment the game was cancelled, the rules in place say you go off win percentage, giving us the clear 1 seed. Then they changed the rules which basically removed HFA from us, while the Bills and Bengals each got  85% of a late season bye (albeit not a traditional one). We were first seed according to the rules; then they decided to change the rules, mid season.

That being said, personally what should have happened was the game being played 2 days later or as a Week 19, but the NFL dropped the ball there.

And I'm not trying to play "Woe is me". I 100% agree you guys got ROYALLY screwed. I was just saying that 1.) We in general aren't happy either, and 2.) when I check fan boards, the only fan base that seems majority happy is the Bills, heck, a few guys on Two Bills Drive were even talking that the coin flip is an advantage for you all, because if the Ravens beat you twice you don't deserve it. (Crazy Mental Gymnastics, they just 100% assume they would win anything) 
 If you go off win percentage and the Chiefs win Saturday, they do have the higher percentage. So, the rule is not changed for that. But there are multiple scenarios for Buffalo to go to a neutral site for the AFCCC. For the Bengals to go to a neutral site there is only one scenario: the Bills lose, KC loses, and the Bengals win.

Meanwhile, the league changed the rules for the Bengals depending on whether they have to play the Ravens in the first playoff game or they have to play KC in the 2nd playoff game. If KC is seeded 2nd and the Bengals 3rd, and KC is a 1/2 game ahead of the Bengals (13-4 to 12-4) , the Bengals have to go to Arrowhead. If the Bengals are ahead of the Ravens by 1/2 game (11-5 to 11-6), it is a coin flip to determine home field. Two entirely different rules, for the same scenario, one benefitting KC over the Bengals and one benefitting the Ravens over the Bengals.  And all this despite the Bengals having less home games than KC or the Ravens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all. - Nepa - 01-06-2023, 08:10 PM