Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The League Taught Taylor and Other HiCs a Lesson Today.
(01-07-2023, 11:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Reading through this thread, maybe it is a sign that I am not as hardcore of a fan anymore. Or, maybe I just have faith in this team no matter what. I just don't care about the solution. It doesn't really bother me in any way. I don't know. It also might be due to the fact that I think Cincinnati did the right thing. I would hope they would offer the same if it all happened again.

I will say that there are many people that keep yelling "Just follow the rules" but also neglect the fact that the rules also say that Goodell can modify the procedures in any way that he sees fit. That's exactly what he did, as well.

Exactly!  A good ole Goodell screw job to the Bengals.  Why?  Because he could!  Always nice to have the proverbial * of king power.  Has he ever done that in mid season before (changed the rules)?  I don't think so, not even during Covid to my knowledge, all games were played.

You think he would have done the same to the Dallas Cowboys?  I'd like to think so but something tells me nope.  I'll bet they would have just followed the rules as written.

And here's another take:  Basically they put a deviation in place for this season only.  If not prepared to do the same thing permanently in the offseason, change the rules, then the action should not have been taken.  And do you think they will make a permanent change that states when a player experiences a life-threatening situation teams may elect to stop play and take a "No Contest"?  I'll answer, no chance.  It would literally happen every time there is a head/neck injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The League Taught Taylor and Other HiCs a Lesson Today. - Daddy-O - 01-07-2023, 02:27 PM