Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The League Taught Taylor and Other HiCs a Lesson Today.
(01-08-2023, 09:17 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: OMG!  It’s come to this.  Comparing fallen police and firemen, who work tirelessly to protect the public, as that’s their job.  They can’t ignore a house on fire.  They can’t ignore someone being shot at.  They have to go back to work.  

Honoring a football player who nearly lost his life, on the field, is not life or death.  

We have officially crossed over into crazy town!

Respect your opinion but my point was more about witnessing something traumatic and those young hockey player kids. That kid that was rushed off the ice by the EMT's was showing no signs of life. Not saying he was dead or dying. But no one knew. He could have been and that's all the crowd and the young players were thinking about. Yet the game eventually continued.

Let me ask you this. Or put it out there for anyone for that matter because I don't think it's been brought up or mentioned and if it has and I missed it I apologize for bringing it up again. What if what happened the other night occurred two or three weeks later in a playoff game? I'm guessing the game would have had to continue. Or at worst, played the following night on a Monday considering a playoff game would have been on Sunday. But the NFL would have made the decision to play it one way or another. But then the question is how can they do it after what the players saw and the player still in critical condition?

To me the choice should be the same for both the other night or if it was a playoff game and yet I don't think it would have. That's just my opinion. If you would have gotten the game in two weeks from now then it should have been played this week because the emotions of the players would have been the same in both instances. 

Now we have rule changes, coin flips and neutral fields when there were rules already in place.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The League Taught Taylor and Other HiCs a Lesson Today. - firedog - 01-08-2023, 02:45 PM