Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town rejects solar because it'll suck up sunlight and kill the plants
(12-15-2015, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Personally i don't think the government should have any say on what a person does with their private property unless there is some damage to surrounding property.

Why should the city get a cut of the profits anyway?  The government should not be able to tell me I can't make money off of my property without giving them a piece of the action.  The government is entitled to the property tax and that is all.

There is no damage to the surrounding ecosystem from these solar farms.

Of course cities need to get a cut, they can get a much better tax return on any other type of business (commercial, residential or industrial) that goes there. The owners of the solar farm will most likely pay an annual property tax worth about $240 per acre, where as a town home would bring in $2500/acre annually. $3k/acre and up for businesses, and those things do increase the value of the land around it, where as a solar farm devalues the land around it.

(12-15-2015, 02:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We need to improve our education system.

I couldn't agree more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Town rejects solar because it'll suck up sunlight and kill the plants - Mike M (the other one) - 12-15-2015, 09:29 PM