Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
we need to stop sexual talk in schools
(12-17-2022, 05:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: Here's my honest answer, I think the intentions are good. My reasoning is that there is still a huge amount of discrimination against homosexual or otherwise uncommon people around, may my clumsy wording be excused. Discrimination that causes a lot of harm and suffering and even death.
And it is quite often passed on from parents to children. That's what many kids hear, for example how gays are immoral, horrible, deviant people. And there is where school comes in, as a corrective to such teachings. And that very much includes explaining that some people are gay, women loving women, men loving men, and it doesn't mean they are wrong or sick or are allowed to be a target of ridicule or hatred. Every child should hear about that message, and if the parents don't do it, then school should.

On the other hand, I can easily believe that quite some teachers take it too far, meaning further as I would feel perfectly comfortable with. But then again, that's what happens in school and in life, not everything children grasp from their surroundings is 100% age appropriate. School in particular of course should not be a place of such inappropriate ocurrences. But school isn't everything either. Parents still can talk to their children and put things in a different perspective. And that's what I feel when I read complaints like yours. Don't make a huge fuzz about school and rules and laws, use your energy to talk to your children about what they heard in school instead, like you would about something they saw on TV or heard their weird uncle say. All this outrage often is not about the kids really, but about parents that want to be outraged about a certain party, a certain trend or a certain life.

When it comes to teachers, I feel that can be decided on a case to case basis. You Americans really are not that carelessly ultraprogressive. If a teacher takes it too far, most parents will protest it and measures can be taken.

I grew up when gay was just something the Flintstones did and had a gay old time.. Kids kind of picked up on that and then came the gay movements so if you want to piss and moan about deviant gay behavior look no further than Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty and Pebbles and BamBam.. Oh yeah, and Mr Slate..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: we need to stop sexual talk in schools - grampahol - 01-09-2023, 11:54 AM