Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
(01-09-2023, 12:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Give it a rest. The offense in 2021 was all big play or nothing. 2022 was about consistent ball control and maintaining drives.

It was a different offense this year. Everyone in this offense had less downfield plays.

Hurst was absolutely better this year. Get over your love affair with Uzomah

(01-09-2023, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People who are saying hurst isn’t really an upgrade over CJ are flat out wrong.

Like I said before, the entire offense in 2021 was based off big plays.

Opposing defenses in 2022 play the bengals to prevent the big play. Jamarr and the entire offense in general have had less explosive plays.

And that is fine. The big plays still show up, but this offense is a better and more sustainable

Hurst has been way more consistent than CJ this year.

You have to look at the whole offense before you criticize Hurst for not putting up way better per game numbers than CJ last year. Also, just use your eyes. Hurst is head and shoulders more talented than Uzomah. The way he breaks tackles and gains extra yards is something cj wasn’t nearly as good at.

Did Uzomah sleep with your girl or something, man? You seem to be taking this thread personally. It's not that big of a deal.

Hurst is credited with 5 broken tackles for a 10.4 receptions per broken tackle this year, last year Uzomah had 5 broken tackles for a 9.8 receptions per broken tackle. Hurst is average 3.7 yards after the catch, Uzomah averaged 6.1 yards after the catch. Hurst also caught less % of his targets. He DOES have better hands than Uzomah, but he's not doing much with the ball after catching it for a short gain.

Again, I would still take Hurst over Uzomah because of the contract situation, but to pretend Hurst has been anything other than similar to (but a little worse than) 2021 Uzomah is not accepting reality. He's not been an upgrade, but he was much much cheaper, and that was good enough for this year. Next season though, the Bengals can get better at the position and they should at least try to.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - TheLeonardLeap - 01-09-2023, 12:48 PM