Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
(01-09-2023, 12:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did Uzomah sleep with your girl or something, man? You seem to be taking this thread personally. It's not that big of a deal.

Hurst is credited with 5 broken tackles for a 10.4 receptions per broken tackle this year, last year Uzomah had 5 broken tackles for a 9.8 receptions per broken tackle. Hurst is average 3.7 yards after the catch, Uzomah averaged 6.1 yards after the catch. Hurst also caught less % of his targets. He DOES have better hands than Uzomah, but he's not doing much with the ball after catching it for a short gain.

Again, I would still take Hurst over Uzomah because of the contract situation, but to pretend Hurst has been anything other than similar to (but a little worse than) 2021 Uzomah is not accepting reality. He's not been an upgrade, but he was much much cheaper, and that was good enough for this year. Next season though, the Bengals can get better at the position and they should at least try to.

You have to look at the offense as a whole, like I said. The 2022 offense is about sustaining drives. The offense last year was about the big play. Of course Uzomah had bigger plays. He would also disappear for most of the year

Hurst played in 3 Less games than cj, and also left the chiefs game early, and still had more receptions than Uzomah did. He was more reliable and consistent than Uzomah.

Tight ends aren’t supposed to be these big yards per reception guys. They’re there to make 7-8 yard catches and move the chains. Hurst has been more reliable on a game to game basis.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - Frank Booth - 01-09-2023, 12:57 PM