Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
(01-09-2023, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People who are saying hurst isn’t really an upgrade over CJ are flat out wrong.

Like I said before, the entire offense in 2021 was based off big plays.

Opposing defenses in 2022 play the bengals to prevent the big play. Jamarr and the entire offense in general have had less explosive plays.

And that is fine. The big plays still show up, but this offense is a better and more sustainable

Hurst has been way more consistent than CJ this year.

You have to look at the whole offense before you criticize Hurst for not putting up way better per game numbers than CJ last year. Also, just use your eyes. Hurst is head and shoulders more talented than Uzomah. The way he breaks tackles and gains extra yards is something cj wasn’t nearly as good at.

Maybe it's because I'm really only getting to watch the games from the local bar & grille and the TV the game is on is typically further away than where I sit by my tv at home, but I have not noticed Hurst being "head and shoulders" better than Uzomah.
He's a solid, well-rounded TE who fits well into this offense but is not going to be a top-end TE in the league.

I mean heck, he's on his 3rd team now and has never been in the Top 10 in receiving yards among TEs.
His best statistical year was when he was 14th in receiving yards among TEs, which was a year Matt Ryan threw for 4581 yards in 16 games.

Being in that 400-600 yard range is typically in the 11-20 ranking among TEs by year's end.
I feel Hurst is safely in that window.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - ochocincos - 01-09-2023, 01:16 PM