Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
(01-09-2023, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe it's because I'm really only getting to watch the games from the local bar & grille and the TV the game is on is typically further away than where I sit by my tv at home, but I have not noticed Hurst being "head and shoulders" better than Uzomah.
He's a solid, well-rounded TE who fits well into this offense but is not going to be a top-end TE in the league.

I mean heck, he's on his 3rd team now and has never been in the Top 10 in receiving yards among TEs.
His best statistical year was when he was 14th in receiving yards among TEs, which was a year Matt Ryan threw for 4581 yards in 16 games.

Being in that 400-600 yard range is typically in the 11-20 ranking among TEs by year's end.
I feel Hurst is safely in that window.

I’m not calling Hurst elite, but the catches he makes are just spectacular. Remember the pittsburgh tip toe catch? Did you see that catch he made against kc before he left with a calf injury? That’s crazy stuff

And bringing up his past seasons is dishonest. He had to play next to Andrews and Pitts. Of course he isn’t better than those guys. But it turns out, Uzomah isn’t even better than Tyler Conklin.

Just look at tight end receptions for this season, and notice that everyone around Hurst in the 50-59 range has played more games than Hurst this year

And thanks for admitting you watch at a bar. Maybe when you re-watch these games at home, you’ll see the real difference
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - Frank Booth - 01-09-2023, 01:26 PM