Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
(01-09-2023, 01:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Tyler Higbee and Zach Ertz are considered top 10 tight ends, they averaged 8.6 yards per reception

It’s really not a big deal for a tight end to average 8 yards per reception

As we all know, the offense in 2022 wasn’t predicted off of the big play like 2021 was. It was all about moving the chains and sustaining drives

You mean the guys on two teams with TERRIBLE quarterbacking this year? You want to compare guys having an uncharacteristic year with John Wolford and Colt McCoy to a guy who gets to catch passes from Joe Burrow?

In 2021 Higbee averaged 9.2 yards per reception and Zach Ertz averaged 10.3 yards per reception.

Hurst just continued to decline for the 4th straight year, aka every single year of his NFL career. This isn't a one-time thing due to circumstances. And again, you can keep saying moving the chains and sustaining drives but Hurst caught less of his targets and converted less of those catches into first downs. That's just statistical fact.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - TheLeonardLeap - 01-09-2023, 01:42 PM