Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz
(01-09-2023, 01:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You mean the guys on two teams with TERRIBLE quarterbacking this year? You want to compare guys having an uncharacteristic year with John Wolford and Colt McCoy to a guy who gets to catch passes from Joe Burrow?

In 2021 Higbee averaged 9.2 yards per reception and Zach Ertz averaged 10.3 yards per reception.

Hurst just continued to decline for the 4th straight year, aka every single year of his NFL career. This isn't a one-time thing due to circumstances. And again, you can keep saying moving the chains and sustaining drives but Hurst caught less of his targets and converted less of those catches into first downs. That's just statistical fact.

Playing with 2020 Matt Ryan isn’t a great situation either. And other than 2020 and 2022, he was a back up to 2 elite tight ends

It’s a shame he got injured, because he really looked good against KC and he really could’ve destroyed your narrative. It’s sad when people just look at the numbers and not the talent and context.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong about Hayden Hurst - I'll take my crow medium rare, plz - Frank Booth - 01-09-2023, 01:46 PM