Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Story paints a little different light on Hamlin situation
(01-10-2023, 04:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: I would imagine that the best scenario for the league would be to have the Bengals disappear from the playoffs so that the controversy over the league's handing of this would just disappear and not distract from future games (AFCCC, Super Bowl, and ideally for them any matchup with the Bills). I'd love to disappoint them.

The league (and many non-Bengal fans) would feel very vindicated in their comments about the Bengals and their fans being whiney if the Bengals don't win it all.  But even if the Bengals do win it all, there will be those that say "see?  Didn't matter anyway."  Anyone who thinks the league handled this correctly will probably continue thinking that.  And I'm sure plenty at the league offices are hoping the Bengals make a quick exit this weekend so they focus on the rest of the teams and brush this fully to the side.  

Which all ups the stakes of wanting the Bengals to get back to the SB and take the Lombardi from Goodell.  I can't think of a more fulfilling way to end things this year. Not only the long-awaited SB win, but done in the face of the way the NFL treated them. Icing on the cake. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Story paints a little different light on Hamlin situation - MileHighGrowler - 01-10-2023, 10:14 PM