Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Draft Class Contract Renegotiations
(01-10-2023, 11:33 PM)samhain Wrote: \
It's a tough call.  You have to design your offense around his specific skill set, but when he's on he's great, which is a lot.  

I think the Ravens hesitate to pay him due to injury and the fact that his elite run ability will not last forever.  He lacks touch on his passes, but he's definitely not horribly limited through the air.  

The ravens need to be real careful with him.  The grass ain't always greener, and they're doing all they can to piss off a guy who's at worst a top 10 quarterback in the league.  If you don't pay him, you can search for a decade and not find a player of his caliber.

Horribly limited? Maybe not, but definitely limited through the air.

He's the 13th highest rated . . . *ahem* . . . "passer" of all-time, just ahead of Peyton Manning. That means that he must be good, huh? No, it does not. The least amount of WR receptions since Jackson has come into the NFL . . . Baltimore. I wonder why?

Coming into this season, the #5 rated passer in the elaborate history of the NFL was Jimmie Garoppolo(now #6 because of Burrow's move into #4) and San Fran wanted to get rid of him all off-season while no one else wanted "a top 5 QB". Today's passer rating is tweaked by dump offs, screens, shovel passes, and also in Jackson's case, one hell of a TE, who is starting to show the wear of being the lone top target of a QB with down the field accuracy issues.

I'd have eight in the box on every snap with Jackson at QB. Tremendous athlete at QB? Absolutely, but a consistent threat down the field? Hardly.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Draft Class Contract Renegotiations - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-11-2023, 12:13 AM
A Joey B extension looms... - WeezyBengal - 01-09-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: A Joey B extension looms... - Big Boss - 01-09-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: A Joey B extension looms... - spazz70 - 01-09-2023, 04:34 PM
RE: A Joey B extension looms... - Ell Prez - 01-09-2023, 06:55 PM
RE: A Joey B extension looms... - Housh - 01-09-2023, 08:45 PM
RE: A Joey B extension looms... - rfaulk34 - 01-10-2023, 12:29 AM
RE: A Joey B extension looms... - Go Cards - 01-10-2023, 12:37 AM