Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin
(01-11-2023, 03:13 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Sled and I agreeing on a lot lately.  I agree with this statement as well.  The Bengals were just as rocked as the Bills by why happened on the field last Monday.  I'd imagine it would give them a big boost to see Hamlin doing well and smiling. 

There seems to be this thought that guys can't play their best game unless they're angry and wanting to punish someone on the field.  I don't believe that's actually true, though.  Sure, the energy helps because it's a long game and motivation of any kind is good.  But motivation comes in many forms.  And focus and playing with focus is more important than playing because you hate the guts of the guy across from you.  They can be competitive, play hard and win while being happy about Hamlin and liking the Bills.  

I agree with this.

I would like to see the Bengals players genuinely delighted for Lamar (which they will be, as should be the fans) and always presenting a happy and uplifting image -- and keep any extra motivation for a particular game burning hidden below the surface. Being externally angry rarely works out and can cause loss of focus in a game that requires focus

Michael Jordan was a master of being an externally likeable guy, who appeared to be enjoying himself, rather than an angry player. He would take opposing players  out to dinner the night before a game, present a happy and pleasant image, but hold a grudge about perceived slights below the surface, as an extra motivation. 

The Bengals are a high-character bunch. I'd like the public to see that. And I don't consider the Mixon coin toss to go against that at all: those players involved with that were laughing and having a fun time. Let the Ravens and opposing teams be the ones to lose their composure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin - Nepa - 01-11-2023, 03:29 PM