Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we going into the post season “healthy”, compared to last year.
(01-11-2023, 10:48 AM)Earendil Wrote: Wasn't Wilson playing through a torn labrum last year?

As was Tee, I believe.

I think we just have a tendency to forget. I feel like we're in better shape than last year. The RS of the line was a total wild card (no pun intended), whereas this year you have Scharping- a proven vet, albeit changing sides- and Adeniji, who's seen the bright lights before. For that matter, so has Prince behind him. The pool of experience was very limited last year (Smith, Carman and Hill were all rookies.... at least they could step up in a pinch now). Hopkins was nursing his ACL recovery throughout the season and he was a week-to-week performer at best.

The one thing we weren't dealing with last year was Hubbard. It remains to be seen how/whether that'll hurt* us now. But Hendrickson, Wilson, Sample and Chido were all banged up. And that's not even mentioning Ogunjobi, whose injury against the Raiders might be seen in the same category as Cappa's this year.

I think they're playing through a lot that we don't know of, but we're still in a better spot. And regardless, even holding the injuries constant, we're in a far better position to withstand them this year imo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we going into the post season “healthy”, compared to last year. - tms - 01-11-2023, 06:08 PM