Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What Bengal Players Played Better In 2022 Season Than You Expected ?
The RBs are good names. I would say both of them, actually. I'm glad that the unit has been so reliable, if not productive. They're the ideal tandem who've accepted their roles, spell each other nicely, and stay healthy.

Volson too. Didn't expect him to slide into a starting role straight out of NDSU. Seriously, that's a huge jump and he's handled it like a pro (literally).

Adeniji as the extra lineman was tremendous. Now he's playing a regular snap again and it doesn't seem to have fazed him. That's all you can ask for from your guys: just be ready.

On D, I'm sure Pratt will get some love for his PFF score haha. But for me it's Bates, #1. I don't if he's been better than expected- because we all expected a lot- but I still think it's remarkable that these guys can be such consistent durable contributors under so much personal pressure throughout the year. They're the kinds of leaders that help teams lay a foundation for championships. I guess I had never expected to appreciate him on quite that level.

Finally, maybe Apple and CTB as the outside guys stepping in for Awuzie. We haven't faced too many deep threats since he went down (that may change with BUF, MIA, LAC and whomever we meet in the SB) but we haven't been picked on too much yet. Of course, part of that can be attributed to Bates, Hilton and all the vet leadership behind them. In that sense, I suppose I could have never expected we'd overcome the injuries as seamlessly as we have. The "next man up" philosophy has really been taken seriously by this team.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for haha but those are the names that come to mind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bengal Players Played Better In 2022 Season Than You Expected ? - tms - 01-12-2023, 03:01 AM