Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin
(01-12-2023, 01:39 AM)EatonFan Wrote: The more pissy thing to me is there's no coin flip for homefield advantage if the Bills/Bengals meet.  What gives with that?

I wonder if we've heard the last of this. The optics would be really bad. They may not be talking much about it now but the timing may also not be right yet. If the Bills beat the Dolphins and we take care of business, that debate will be the low-hanging fruit for media nationwide. It won't just be about Hamlin anymore- we'll be three weeks removed from that story. The equally compelling one will be, "And... why are they playing in Buffalo? How did they settle that game? What agreement was made between Zac and Sean? So Zac... forfeited, I guess? There was no coin flip to decide this divisional home team but there would have been one to decide the... wild card home team?" etc. 

If there's any backstory that hasn't yet been publicized- from that night or since- you gotta figure it will be. It's one thing to be a homer. But this situation is so absurd that it still has a chance to blow up in the league's face in unprecedented fashion. I wonder if they'll just sit on their hands and watch it unfold; or if there's something they'll yet do to mitigate the risk.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin - tms - 01-12-2023, 04:41 AM