Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What Bengal Players Played Better In 2022 Season Than You Expected ?
(01-12-2023, 02:06 AM)kevin Wrote: With Regular Season over, and waiting for Play-Off Game.  

I'm tempted to not add my choice, but I should give an example.  

So for me it was Perine.  I never had much faith in him as a back-up to Mixon before this year.  However when Mixon was out, Perine stepped in and was great to keep the winning streak going.  Perine was a million times better than I thought he was.  In fact, he looks like he would be the #1 RB on a lot of NFL teams.  I had always thought Bengals were weak in RB depth behind Mixon, but Perine proved me wrong and I'm glad I was wrong.  Great to see RB depth like this.

I'm tempted to say a player on Defense and other players, but I want some of you to be able to list names of players that were far better than you had thought at start of Bengals season.

Cordelle Volson.  Fourth round pick with a ton of experience at NAIA level, but clearly meant as a backup/developmental guy that comes in and steals the starting job and never looks back.  

Honorable Mention:  Trenton Irwin.  I was still butthurt about letting Pryor go after the preseason as he was bigger, stronger, faster....but Irwin knows all the subtleties about route running and really has contributed at a time of need.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bengal Players Played Better In 2022 Season Than You Expected ? - SHRacerX - 01-12-2023, 08:15 AM