Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joey B vs the Ravens this year
(01-12-2023, 05:21 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's okay to acknowledge that Joe has had some trouble in the two Ravens games. I do believe though that there's a little separation in the struggles, at least by my eye test and memory. The first game was a general offensive flub that could be attributed as much to scheme as to execution. Nobody was getting open consistently, and even the biggest throw of the game (3rd down conversion back-shoulder to Chase in the red zone) was pulling teeth to achieve with very little separation. The offense really began to take shape the following week in New Orleans.

Last week, I don't think there were the same schematic issues, at least not in the first half before the whole game became a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Receivers were wide open in some cases, and Joe just had an off game. He missed throws that he normally doesn't miss, and I think it's fair to expect he won't miss them this Sunday if he gets similar looks.

Long story short, I think the first Ravens game was bad scheme, bad execution. The second Ravens game was good scheme, bad execution. Close that last hole and we're golden.

A lot of this is true. I will say, there were a number of plays that the Bengals didn't execute on offense last week. Especially a lot of missed blocks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joey B vs the Ravens this year - Housh - 01-13-2023, 01:19 PM
RE: Joey B vs the Ravens this year - WeezyBengal - 01-12-2023, 05:33 PM