Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What Bengal Players Played Better In 2022 Season Than You Expected ?
(01-12-2023, 09:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Volson, but with a caveat. Let's get the caveat out of the way.

Volson wasn't good. He was objectively bad, and he was bad all season. He was awful to start the season, so at least he got better from there. Out of 95 guards with at least 100 pass-blocking snaps, he allowed the 30th highest pressure percentage. He finished 6th in raw pressures allowed. He was 4th in raw sacks allowed and allowed the 32nd highest sack rate. This is all among guards only.

I genuinely thought he would be arguably the worst G in the league. I voted that he would be benched by week eight in bfine's prediction thread. He definitely isn't the worst G in the league - he is below average, and I do think he has some room to grow. I think he is athletically limited, so I don't think he will peak very high, but I won't be surprised to see him settle around a league average type player and anchor the LG spot for a few years. 

So, he is definitely my pick. I expected him to be positively awful and he finished below average.

woahh be careful saying that or sunset bengal is gonna quote you and put you in his signature. Watch out!

but seriously, I thought he would be a disaster like Carman, but he's not. And so for that, he outperformed my expectations. 

he's still not good though. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bengal Players Played Better In 2022 Season Than You Expected ? - Frank Booth - 01-12-2023, 09:31 PM