Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Sunday Ticket moving to Youtube
I've been using YT TV for a few years and really like it.  I've never had a significant issue with streaming and I have it on pretty much all day when I am home. There is one exception though.  The stations owned by Fox have a tendency to freeze up for a few seconds every now and then.  Apparently it is a known issue but again it hasn't been anything I'd consider deal breaking.  Mostly switching from cable to YT has saved me a fair amount of money with what I'd consider pretty much the same level of performance.  

It doesn't look like Sunday Ticket will be dramatically cheaper on YouTube.  As I mentioned in the other thread apparently CBS and Fox have deals with the NFL that limits how cheap Sunday Ticket can be.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/disney-apple-and-amazon-keep-waiting-as-nfl-considers-sunday-ticket-offers.html

Quote:When the NFL signed contracts with CBS and Fox, the deals included language that mandates Sunday Ticket have a premium price so as not to pull too many eyeballs away from the local market Sunday afternoon games acquired by the broadcast networks, three of the people said.

That means any owner of Sunday Ticket rights won’t be able to significantly lower the price on the out-of-market package, which typically costs about $300 per year. It also prevents an existing streaming service, such as ESPN+, to simply add in Sunday Ticket at little or no extra cost to boost subscribers.

So I don't think you are going to get it for like $19.99 a month or something in that price range.  Also I'm not sure how the agreement with CBS and Fox would affect YT TV having the option of offering an à la carte service if that is something they were considering.  That type of thing would be great for Bengals fans that live outside the coverage area though.  I imagine we may not hear much about pricing and what types of plans they may offer for several months.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Sunday Ticket moving to Youtube - George Cantstandya - 01-13-2023, 11:47 AM