Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putin bogging down in Syria...like Obama said he would.
(12-16-2015, 01:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  
No matter how bad these dictators are they still run a secular government.  

And was Assad killing them for opposing him or just because of their religion?  Because the MB was killing, raping their way through anyone not Islamic.   Killing an opposition is par for the course for an authoritarian dictator.   Now when he starts rounding up any Muslim who isn't his brand then come on back to me and I will be reconsidering my position.

To the bold, it's not if they're only killing someone of a different religion.

As far as the rest, it's he said she said. Assad said it has nothing to do with religion... but he's not killing his own. Or ISIS's Wahabbists. So, since he is rounding up any Muslim who isn't his brand, are you reconsidering?

Quote:What started as a democratic uprising has now become an overtly sectarian conflict in which civilians are targeted for atrocities based upon their religious and ethnic identity. Members of Syria’s Sunni Muslim majority are bearing the brunt of the Syrian government’s massive campaign of crimes against humanity and war crimes, while some of the forces opposing the regime have committed abuses and atrocities against members of Syria’s religious and ethnic minorities.
http://www.ushmm.org/confront-genocide/cases/syria

Quote:The war in Syria did not begin as a sectarian conflict, Hof writes, but it has rapidly devolved into one. President Assad bears principal responsibility by enlisting soldiers and thugs drawn from his minority Alawite sect to terrorize mostly Sunni towns and cities. In recent months, armed opponents of the regime have embraced a stronger Sunni identity, with growing ranks of Islamist fighters, including some who claim association with Al Qaeda.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/does-syria-face-a-genocidal-future/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Putin bogging down in Syria...like Obama said he would. - Benton - 12-16-2015, 11:51 AM