Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence
(12-16-2015, 01:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: It really is acceptable behavior depending on where you are at within the company. I have been in plenty of meetings with CEOs and Presidents of companies and they let it fly. It seems to be more frowned on the lower you are in the company (obviously you can't use it towards someone). It really isn't that big a deal anymore.

In reality though, why is it a "bad" word? The actual definition is to have sex, or ruin something. If I change me screaming "f###!" to "Have sex with me!" or "sexual intercourse!" is it an issue? Maybe a little weird, but people wouldn't freak out. Seems like another issue of an old, outdated, thought process that has never really been logically thought about. The idea of "bad" words or curse words is comical to me.

I can tell you that no one drops the F-bomb on occasion in any of the level of meetings that I go to with in my company. If they did, I would find it to be counter-productive. Dropping the F-bomb repeatedly tends to cause people to stop listening to you. It is also very unprofessional to drop an F-bomb during a meeting. If you do decide to drop one, you are almost guaranteed to offend someone, where as if you do not, your chances of offending someone drops.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence - Mike M (the other one) - 12-16-2015, 02:30 PM