Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture
(01-16-2023, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody who objectively looks at the first 2 seasons can see why there were so few wins. The first year was the first year. Marvin's leftovers. The 2nd year almost the entire defense was on IR, we were signing d linemen off the couch. Zac is a blessing fir Cincinnati, and it's just pure stubborness that keeps some people from admitting it.

I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Then, the Bengals flipped over the roster.

Remember that expose too about the toxic communication too. I believe Lou was talked about in that as well as Turner.

I think these things drove the coaches to improve. They gameplan and scout opponents well. They do a bunch of things well.

Nothing wrong with failure fueling success. And most franchises see 1 or 2 years of failure and fire coaches. The Bengals stuck with these guys to let them figure it out.

I know that some will view this as negative, but it's not meant to be. People like to think that we all start out either good or bad at something and stay that way. But, it's not that simple. Guys like Kingsbury and Rhuke regressed. The Bengals staff progresses.

The Lions HC is doing it too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture - THE PISTONS - 01-16-2023, 12:12 PM