Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture
(01-16-2023, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Then, the Bengals flipped over the roster.

Remember that expose too about the toxic communication too. I believe Lou was talked about in that as well as Turner.

I think these things drove the coaches to improve. They gameplan and scout opponents well. They do a bunch of things well.

Nothing wrong with failure fueling success. And most franchises see 1 or 2 years of failure and fire coaches. The Bengals stuck with these guys to let them figure it out.

I know that some will view this as negative, but it's not meant to be. People like to think that we all start out either good or bad at something and stay that way. But, it's not that simple. Guys like Kingsbury and Rhuke regressed. The Bengals staff progresses.

The Lions HC is doing it too.
Actually find myself agreeing with you. The first year, I wouldn't say Zac was in over his head. This roster needed over overhauled, you can't do that in 1 year. 2nd year, rookie QB picked up 2 players that are the cornerstone of this D in FA, Reader got hurt. AJ was bad. Great draft though!
3rd year, Great WR in the draft.....SB
4ht year, great haul in FA, bad start, kept our heads and rattled off 9 straight wins. 
This team just finds a way to get it done! That is a testament to Zac and what he brought to Cincinnati! 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture - sandwedge - 01-16-2023, 02:27 PM