Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One could say Zac is one of the greatest Bengals coaches ever.....
(01-16-2023, 07:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: The flaw in the Qb argument has been...the defense was the star of most those wins. We can all love Burrow and recognize great defense and kicking really has been our calling card in the playoffs to this point of Taylor's tenure.

Yeah definitely, I think Burrow and the offence has generally been well contained by the opposing defences in the playoffs. We just make the plays we need to at the right times. We had what, 3 good drives yesterday? But that was enough to win the game. 

Flip the argument, and I doubt we win those games with Andy Dalton at QB. Certainly not all 4 anyway. Had some great defences when he was here. And I think he was much maligned as a QB. Burrow is clearly an element to winning these games, as he's a high level QB and can simply do more than most other QBs can. Even if it's only shown by 1-2 pass plays in a playoff game. 

Like you say, it isn't 'one or the other'. We win these games because of a mix of everything we have right now. Coach, QB, Defence etc etc. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One could say Zac is one of the greatest Bengals coaches ever..... - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-16-2023, 07:08 PM