Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture
(01-16-2023, 10:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Harbaugh is missing out Zac is a pretty nice guy if you just spend a little time to get to know him.

Mixon was ready to thump the guy that was laying on him and threw a forearm into Mixion's b*lls. Burrow was there bear hugging Mixon talking him down.

Harbaugh is still bitter about Burrow's 525 game. He had a fit about that despite trying the same thing the previous season when trying to get the rushing record. 

(01-16-2023, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Then, the Bengals flipped over the roster.

Remember that expose too about the toxic communication too. I believe Lou was talked about in that as well as Turner.

I think these things drove the coaches to improve. They gameplan and scout opponents well. They do a bunch of things well.

Nothing wrong with failure fueling success. And most franchises see 1 or 2 years of failure and fire coaches. The Bengals stuck with these guys to let them figure it out.

I know that some will view this as negative, but it's not meant to be. People like to think that we all start out either good or bad at something and stay that way. But, it's not that simple. Guys like Kingsbury and Rhuke regressed. The Bengals staff progresses.

The Lions HC is doing it too.

Zac has definitely been the old school approach in that you need to give your coach 3 years to get his system fully in place. A big problem for him in 2019 is that the FO brought him in because they thought they had a talented roster and only needed a new coach to fix it. Unfortunately, the roster was so entrenched in Marvin's ways that they didn't gravitate to Zac's way. Dunlap is a prime example of that. One of the main reasons he got demoted is because he didn't give his all in practice. That didn't sit well with the coaches.

That expose was a blessing for the team. I remember shortly after it came out, Bates mentioned that Lou's communication got a lot better. Jim Turner was just a horrible coach and I'm glad we got rid of him. Such an embarrassing hire.

2020 really felt like Zac's first year with the team. He's now got a great locker room because of his focus in the draft targeting captains and locker room leaders. Hopefully he and Duke can put together a string of great drafts and keep this team on top for a long time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture - Bengal Dude - 01-17-2023, 02:21 AM