Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard
(01-16-2023, 09:59 PM)pally Wrote: Keep in mind that if this name doesn't specifically reference THIS miraculous fumble a certain Pennsylvania team may steal the name for a playoff fumble that changed the course of a playoff game that they ended up winning

It's funny that certain Pennsylvania team didn't already give the moniker "Fumble in the Jungle" to the Jeremy Hill fumble in 2015. The 12-4 Bengals had that playoff game won against the Steelers until that fumble. And right after the Burfict interception and all the excitement that came from that.

I am leaning towards another name you and others mentioned earlier, Pally:  The Hubbard Yard Dash. That was the exciting part, given that the fumble happened so quickly and in a crowded area it was hard to see what happened. (I saw on a small TV the immaculate reception with my Dad and we only became aware of what was going on when we saw Franco Harris at the bottom of the screen running the ball. We were rooting for the Steelers in that particular game, so it was very exciting.)  

Like the Immaculate reception and the Music City Miracle, the Hubbard Yard Dash is not without its controversy (was that a push in the back?).  But that is a unique name that, since he is a defensive player, really captures the essence of the play from one end zone to the next. Hubbard running out of steam, and needing oxygen afterward, only adds to the mystique. And the broadcasters call of the play, including calling him the kid from Cincinnati as he ran, was terrific.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard - pally - 01-16-2023, 01:05 PM
RE: Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard - Nepa - 01-17-2023, 09:24 AM