Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence
(12-16-2015, 02:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I can tell you that no one drops the F-bomb on occasion in any of the level of meetings that I go to with in my company. If they did, I would find it to be counter-productive. Dropping the F-bomb repeatedly tends to cause people to stop listening to you. It is also very unprofessional to drop an F-bomb during a meeting. If you do decide to drop one, you are almost guaranteed to offend someone, where as if you do not, your chances of offending someone drops.

We end up in different meetings I guess (every place is different). It is never said at someone, more so out of frustration about a situation, and normally the setting is exclusively high ranking executives.  My father is a president of a different company and I know in talking with him he has been in meetings with his executive team, and with executives of other companies, and it gets used on occasion. These companies range in revenue from $10-$100 million, so maybe as the company gets bigger the environment changes a bit. One of the reasons I like being at a smaller company is because it is a bit less formal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence - Au165 - 12-16-2015, 04:06 PM