Poll: Is jonah the long term solution at left tackle
Yes
No
Unsure
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jonah the long term option at LT?
(01-17-2023, 10:36 AM)Synric Wrote: Like I said about Jonah pre-draft his ceiling at tackle is going to be average to slightly above average. In a couple years someone will sign him play him at Left Guard and he will have the best seasons of his career.

The future at offensive tackle is ugly for the Bengals La'el Collins who just signed a 3 year deal just did not look right. Something was off about him all season so I'm more worried about the right side than the left in 2023.

As for the draft I would like them to go the safe route when drafting a tackle this year. A guy like Jaelyn Duncan is intriguing with his size and athletisim but it just never came all they way together mentally for him reminds me of Jackson Carman. Anton Harrison has a ton of natural speed and athleticism but he has a thin high leg frame so there is a good change he will struggle with functional strength and anchor. Darnell Wright Tennesee is probably the safest choice very experienced at both tackle spots but is a right tackle. He doesnt have elite athletisim and doesnt fit an outside or wide zone team but a brick wall in pass pro and a people mover for a gap scheme he fits.

It would be very difficult to squeeze an OT into the draft this year.  

At TE, Hurst and Sample are UFA's, with Wilcox a RFA.

At WR, Taylor and Irwin are UFA's with Tee and Boyd entering contract years.

At LB, Pratt is a UFA with Wilson, ADG, and Bailey entering contract years.  

Not to mention you have to start looking for an opportunity to replace Mixon and dump his contract before he hits the wall.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jonah the long term option at LT? - Whatever - 01-17-2023, 11:50 AM