Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting more out of the backfield
I do think we run better this week just purely do to not playing the Ravens. I still think our problem is blocking. The just never got consistent at run blocking. Is Mixon perfect no but I still think he's good enough to be one of the top backs ( even if it's just cracking the top 10 ) with good blocking.

Something I was thinking earlier. Was that we just aren't that creative on offense. With the line taking a hit its probably gonna hurt the pass and run game. We always throw those quick outs to Chase. While I see the point of he could potentially break one and it can set up plays later. I would like to see other receivers getting used in that role some. I also thought sometime returners do good in that role or with end arounds. I thought Taylor but not that big a fan of that then I remembered Trayveon Williams. Dude has been close to breaking a return and he's shown some ability this year. The problem with him is he isn't on the field that much so it would be hard to get him out there in a surprise role like that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting more out of the backfield - NUGDUKWE - 01-17-2023, 02:26 PM