Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-17-2023, 04:43 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: I really think that's why they did that! Imagine when we get to the days that QBs, WRs, LTs and MLBs are all guaranteed contracts, just a matter of time!

Yeah things are getting wild. Teams are losing the battle against players, and that's been happening in all major sports leagues.

(01-17-2023, 04:49 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Burrow is/was going to cost Cinci. way more than Watson anyways. I don't think any team thinks that way in spending that much money to spite another team or to dictate their strategy. You going to spend that much you better love love love your guy and, in the Browns case, being snake bit by having a #1 pick backfire like Mayfield did only enhanced their need.

I don't truly believe the Browns did that contract for that reason. I'm just saying that it wouldn't shock me, and I do think they love love loved Watson, but I could see where they may have viewed sticking it to the Bengals and Ravens as an added benefit.

I also think their desperation after decades of QB searches was a heavy factor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - Shake n Blake - 01-17-2023, 05:08 PM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM