Poll: Is jonah the long term solution at left tackle
Yes
No
Unsure
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jonah the long term option at LT?
I will say that I don't know about replacing him through the draft. We haven't shown that this regime can develop OL talent. Volson is arguably an exception but even his scores are average at best. I'd say he just emphasizes how low our bar has plummeted (not his fault). Smith and Hill are hardly getting a sniff and Carman's only come in on an emergency basis. Adeniji's a year older and he's partly why we're having this conversation at all (again, through no fault of his own- he's a Day 3 and in some ways we should consider ourselves lucky that he's even on the 53 anymore). We didn't pick Prince but it's fair to include him in the same category. None of these projects has amounted to much. And Jonah himself was a Round 1 who hasn't panned out either.

Long story short, I think we should take the FA route. Karras and Cappa were solid this year. Collins underwhelmed but we were still disappointed when he got hurt. Reiff was a good pickup while he was around. So for this team and the current cast of stars, I'd prefer signing proven commodities to trying to turn water into wine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jonah the long term option at LT? - tms - 01-17-2023, 05:55 PM