Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-17-2023, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Burrow will take a team friendly deal, even though he deserves to be the highest paid player the NFL has ever seen the moment he's due for a long-term contract.  

With that being said, I also believe Burrow could buck the trends and win SBs even if he's eating the most cap on the planet, too.  Burrow is a top tier QB with literal year in and year out MVP potential and I'm willing to accept that ZT is a top-tier HC, so what are we afraid of if Burrow asks for the salary he deserves?  Teams with high-salary QBs don't win?  Meh, don't we have a bunch of evidence that Burrow is curse and trend-proof?

BUT Burrow has done and said everything as perfectly as possible, so I almost feel spoiled and entitled enough to flat out assume the guy is going to gleefully choose to be paid like a middling starter just so he can benefit the Bengals.  I see better than I hear, but the guy has done everything 100% right so far and I don't see that changing.

We're spoiled rotten, but I guess we've earned it.  We're looking at having the best QB on the planet and expecting the guy to take Ryan Tannehill money while winning multiple SBs.

Sure is nice being spoiled rotten for once. Let's not let it go to our heads. Ninja

(01-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah things are getting wild. Teams are losing the battle against players, and that's been happening in all major sports leagues.

I don't truly believe the Browns did that contract for that reason. I'm just saying that it wouldn't shock me, and I do think they love love loved Watson, but I could see where they may have viewed sticking it to the Bengals and Ravens as an added benefit.

I also think their desperation after decades of QB searches was a heavy factor.

Feel the same about the situation, it wasn't the main reason for the Watson contract but it was an added benefit to try and screw us
with the Burrow contract and the Ravens with the Lamar contract. Even though I think Lamar is going to go somewhere else. Pretty 
sad of him if he does as the Ravens pretty much built that Offense around him.

(01-17-2023, 06:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have dreams where Burrow signs for like 10 years, 300 million dollars and then has a press conference where he says "I know I could have gotten more money, but 300 million dollars is already way more money than I'll ever need and I really wanted to make sure Tee and Ja'Marr got their due as well."

And then I wake up and think it's not fair to hope for Burrow to do that. But still secretly really hoping he does it haha.

That is the dream and not impossible, almost find it likely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-17-2023, 07:48 PM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM