Poll: Is jonah the long term solution at left tackle
Yes
No
Unsure
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jonah the long term option at LT?
In my opinion after next year unless he somehow gets stronger and finds away to not let the shorter arms be a such disadvantage I say no way at 12 mil per year. If he can get stronger I think he'd be better inside but he has been disappointing.

I'm hoping we can hit on a tackle in the draft. In 21 the Jags got Little from Stanford in the 2nd round and that guy has been a stud. When I think of a prototypical LT he's the type that comes to my mind. The dude is strong as they come and last week against the Chargers he gave the business to K Mack. Mack couldn't move the guy. Little just constantly overpowered him, most reps it didn't even look fair, just dominated him.

That said it's so strange these last 6 or so years that we haven't had good Tackles. One thing we always seemed to be able to do was find good tackles even when we weren't good at all. Now we can't seem to find a top notch one for anything. The Cedric O and Fisher draft didn't help with neither of them panning out and leading to Whitworth leaving. Even Andre Smith while a lot didn't like the pick thought he was lazy, his holdout etc he never lived up to his draft spot and wasn't a top tier RT he was better than Jonah has been so far in my opinion. Stacy Andrew's even had a couple years where he played better than Jonah.

Wonder why all the sudden for the last decade or so it's been an issue getting really good tackles. We went from Munoz Anderson Whitworth Smith Levi Jones etc to what we've had lately. Can't be due to Alexander not being here because he was here when we drafted Cedic and Fisher. I suppose his judgment/evaluations must have been pretty solid for a long time then just wasn't anymore? Maybe the game going more pass heavy led to him not adapting his evaluation process? I know Jim Mcnally had been helping in that regard for a long time and think he was still last year. Is he still doing it now?He's always been one of the most respected when it comes to evaluation of and teaching the oline. Idk, it's weird you could always count on Cincy to have good tackles to what it's been the last decade or so now. I can only imagine how good this team would be if you plugged any of those guys in the tackle spots.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jonah the long term option at LT? - StripesEarned - 01-17-2023, 10:23 PM