Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2
(01-17-2023, 07:17 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Thanks for reading of you made it this far.   We’re all extremely nervous about the matchup as this was supposed to be “our year”.  We were the Afc favorite to at least make the SB this year.  Lots has happened since the beginning of the year and we are currently not the team we were hoping for.  That’s said- every game is an opportunity to write a new story.  We have a qb capable of beating anyone and the leadership in the locker room to inspire.  All we can do now is ?? that the nfl gods declare us the Victor come Sunday.  Both teams are worthy. I wish you guys luck.  I hope it’s one for the ages.

Wanted to say brilliant post man, I think a good few of your opinions about us would match our own. This game is a coin flip (lolol) really, the two teams are well matched. If it weren't for Mahomes, this would be the battle of the AFC. 

While I do think our skill positions are better, I am worried about containing Diggs/Davis, and Josh Allen at the same time. We're used to having to plan for Lamar Jackson so I'm hopeful we'll have a plan for Allen scrambling. While we don't tend to give up the big play, we did give up a big one at the weekend so definitely a bit concerned about defending Diggs and Davis. The latter always seems good for a huge play TD in the playoffs. 

Bit less concerned about your defence than I would have been at the season beginning, those injuries are rough. But at the same time, there's every chance our OL is a turnstile once again now, so if we can't give Burrow time to throw it'll limit what we can do quite heavily. Saw it last postseason unfortunately. 

Heck of a game for the neutrals to look forward to here, and I'm grateful the Bengals are finally a team that get to play in these sorts of games. I'm sure the long-suffering Bills fans are of the same mind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - pally - 01-16-2023, 09:59 AM
RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-18-2023, 07:03 AM