Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-17-2023, 03:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's an interesting breakdown of all the QB's who made the SB from 2000 through 2020, and the cap percentages.
(Last year, Stafford was at 10.96 % and Burrow at 4.51%)

[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-02-11-at-9_16_34-AM.jpg]
(01-18-2023, 03:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Holic posted in this thread that only 3 times since 2000 has a QB making 13% or more of the team's cap that year made it to the Super Bowl, and all 3 lost.

Pretty positive that giving a player a part of the team is still considered player compensation and that falls under the salary cap limits. Otherwise there'd be owners everywhere giving small pieces of businesses to players to avoid paying them under the salary cap. 5% of the Bengals would be worth ~$150m.

Also, Mahomes doesn't own any part of the Chiefs. He bought part of KC's baseball, soccer, and women's soccer teams. Brady was the one rumored to be getting some stake in the Dolphins in that whole tampering investigation. That's why it was extra noteworthy.

To be fair Super Bowls are more outliers. I would quess teams with a high paid quarterbacks have more winning seasons than a team with low paid QBs. Because a good QB keeps the winning window open. (Superbowl windows are not a thing it takes more than a winning program to make it to a superbowl.)

Look at all the years Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning took their teams to the playoffs. Yes only 4 super bowl wins between those 3 but they were always in the playoffs and competing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - Synric - 01-18-2023, 07:10 AM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM