Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens parked 2 safeties EVERY PLAY and dared us to run
(01-17-2023, 09:31 PM)Housh Wrote: I saw somewhere that said the Ravens ran ZERO defensive snaps where both safeties werent deep. I find that very hard to believe but im not about to pay 10$ just to rewatch a game with NFL+ so im going to just ASSUME the real number is at least 75% of the snaps.

If the Bills do this to us, we HAVE to run the ball. As I look at this game's matchups I see no world in which we win with Mixon getting 11 carries for 39 yards. (3.5 YPC). Playing the Ravens twice before I think helped Burrow more than it hurt. Burrow is known to do very well against teams hes seen before. I dont want to say this is why we won, but its a part. We only have 1 quarter of Bills tape and I dont see us jumping them like we did at Paycor again.

Theoretically a team should not be able to park 2 safeties deep for that many plays. Theoretically, you should get them out of that defense after a few decent gains on the ground. But if those gains never come we get what we saw Sunday. Zac and Callahan are pass game aces, but we are gonna need them to be a complete offensive coaches on Sunday. Im talkin jet sweeps, runs from shotgun, HB screens EVERYTHING. We absolutely need the run game to put in 70+ yards this Sunday. We cannot allow the Bills to comfortably sit their 2 safeties back all game. We cant ask Burrow to be the whole offense. Guys gotta step up.

But you got to understand the Bengals were down three offensive line starters. When they scored in the first quarter at and then early in the third quarter they did get the run game going a little bit just enough to freeze the linebackers but when you're down multiple starters on the ol it's going to catch up with you and there's such a chemistry involved with these guys that any team in the NFL that loses three stars is going to suffer.

It's really really hard in this league to be good at both running and throwing.The Bengals running game has never been great we certainly got it going a bit more when the offensive line was intact but none of these guys have worked together more than a few plays so I would hope the more reps they get the more NSYNC they can be.

The Bengals do use the short pass as a means in their running game as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens parked 2 safeties EVERY PLAY and dared us to run - higgy100 - 01-18-2023, 08:08 AM