Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2
(01-17-2023, 07:17 PM)Mafioso Wrote:   That  said- I don’t know much about the enigma Eli Apple.  Lots of negative things said about him (and his mother) league wide. I never really looked into any of the negativity. What are your guys’ thoughts on Apple? OSU kid playing at home.  I figured he’d be loved.

Eli Apple is a prototypical whipping boy. He was a first round draft pick who was drafted into the league at a very young age (20). The NFL is a man's game, and I think he was too young and immature personally. He was raised by his mother. I think he got a case of the big head after being taken in the first round and didn't really understand how to handle success and failure. With each successive team, he has had a little bigger chip. Lou and Charles Burks have been great for Eli. He has him playing good football, but Eli is not a lock down corner. He is a good corner and has stepped up to be our #1 with Awuzie going down. But for every few great plays he makes, he will get burnt now and again, and that's when people start hacking on him. Like a lot of NFL players, he likes to talk on social media, which does not help his case, but he is getting better about it and doing it less as he garners more success. Bottom line, it took him a while to grow up and people tend to hold onto grudges.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - pally - 01-16-2023, 09:59 AM
RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Sled21 - 01-18-2023, 09:33 AM