Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals are 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs
I know this sounds crazy, but I actually feel much better about this upcoming game than I did about the Ravens game.

That may be because the expectations are reversed. If we lost to Baltimore, we'd be "frauds" and "embarrassed" and people would call our run last year "lucky" (granted, they already do that, but it would only reinforce that belief).

If we lose to Buffalo, as long as we're not knocked on our ass (Which we shouldn't be, considering we were driving to go up 14-3 against them a few weeks ago), I think the collective NFL world will say "good game, Cincinnati, but it's Buffalo's year).

So I'm coming into this game thinking "If we win, amazing. If we lose (as long as we don't get blown out), that doesn't dim our bulb in any way."

I also think playing against divisional opponents in the playoffs is just different. The Ravens know us so well (plus they have a top 3 defense in the NFL), it's hard to run away from them even when they have a back up QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals are 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs - CJD - 01-18-2023, 01:19 PM