Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-18-2023, 04:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: While I agree the WR is talented, the chemistry between Burrow and Chase is unmatched.  This chemistry is based on work ethic but also intangibles.  Burrow brings off the chart intangibles and changed the culture of the team.  He is worth the highest paid QB in league.  

I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying his ability to elevate guys hasn't truly been tested. Chase, Higgins and Boyd would be a fantastic group anywhere. So long as the QB isn't terrible. This defense is great on their own and has saved Burrow on numerous occasions.

Once Burrow gets $50 million per, then his ability to elevate a weaker roster will start to be tested. I think he could lead us to the playoffs with a cast of poor players, but Super Bowl? I doubt it. History shows that very few bad rosters make the Super Bowl, and even fewer win it.

I doubt I could come up with even 1 example of a championship team that was totally carried by the QB alone.

Talk of culture is easy when the team is winning the way it is. We said the culture was changed 10 years ago. Until it wasn't.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - Shake n Blake - 01-18-2023, 04:40 PM