Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-18-2023, 04:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The player's union should have no beef if any player decides to take less money for a long term contract. Why do they care? The cap is based on spending enough money. How the Bengals or any team decide to pay individuals is irrelevant as long as the team spends the cap money.

I have no idea what Joe will demand. I look at Mahommes and Allen and they did not break the bank. Rodgers is on his third contract, so not a comparison. He is also a former Super Bowl winner and league MVP 3 times.

Eh?

Patrick Mahomes became the highest paid player in the NFL when he signed his extension.
Josh Allen became the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL when he signed his extension.

I think in Mahomes' will eventually will end up looking like a big bargain simply because it was a 10 year deal and we'll see a lot of other QBs pass him up over that long contract. They both got their money big time, though. Mahomes' cap numbers finally jumped up and they had to move on from Tyreek Hill and will probably have to make some more moves before next year, too. Also next year, Allen's cap number jumps up and we'll have to see what it costs the Bills in players.

So if Burrow follows Mahomes and Allen's move, he will either become the highest paid ($50.5m/yr or more) or the second highest paid ($49-50m/yr).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - TheLeonardLeap - 01-18-2023, 06:35 PM