Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-18-2023, 06:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh?

Patrick Mahomes became the highest paid player in the NFL when he signed his extension.
Josh Allen became the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL when he signed his extension.

I think in Mahomes' will eventually will end up looking like a big bargain simply because it was a 10 year deal and we'll see a lot of other QBs pass him up over that long contract. They both got their money big time, though. Mahomes' cap numbers finally jumped up and they had to move on from Tyreek Hill and will probably have to make some more moves before next year, too. Also next year, Allen's cap number jumps up and we'll have to see what it costs the Bills in players.

So if Burrow follows Mahomes and Allen's move, he will either become the highest paid ($50.5m/yr or more) or the second highest paid ($49-50m/yr).

All true, the Mahomes and Allen deals were the types of extensions I was hoping for us to avoid with Burrow.

I don't want us losing a bunch of essential players in the process. We will lose a few good players, but hopefully not our leaders.

Need to keep Burrow, Chase, Wilson for sure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-18-2023, 06:47 PM