Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term
(01-18-2023, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, the Mahomes and Allen deals were the types of extensions I was hoping for us to avoid with Burrow.

I don't want us losing a bunch of essential players in the process. We will lose a few good players, but hopefully not our leaders.

Need to keep Burrow, Chase, Wilson for sure.

Feels a little inevitable. Not many players are (were) married to supermodel wives who are worth like $400m+. If you have a lot of good players, you have a lot of players who will get paid. Eventually you're going to have to make some decisions. The cost of success.

I kind of waffle back and forth on him. Wilson is very good, but the guy's shoulder seem to be made of styrofoam which is not a good thing for really any NFL player but a LB in particular. Pratt is good, but he's a 2 down LB and doesn't set up the defense. I don't think you can pay both, and I don't think you can let both go, either. So I guess you gotta pay Wilson, but you need to make sure you can get out of that deal after a year or two because Wilson's right shoulder and lack of ever playing a full season really worry me.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - IcoHolic - 01-18-2023, 08:29 AM
RE: Mike Brown wants to keep Burrow long term - TheLeonardLeap - 01-18-2023, 07:04 PM