Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Anyone going to apologize to Marvin Lewis?
(01-18-2023, 08:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Payton Manning is lying out of his teeth, then. Or he's gone senile.

2015 Week 16, the Broncos had the gameplan of playing against AJ McCarron in man coverage. He absolutely shredded the hell out of them in the first half (3 drives, 2 TD and a missed 45 yard FG). Then after halftime they came out and switched to exclusively playing zone defense and absolutely exposed and dominated McCarron forcing the Bengals offense to punt on 4 straight drives out of the half.

Without that win the Broncos go from the #1 seed to losing their division to the Chiefs (and the Bengals become the #1 seed).

That was the year Peyton Manning got carried by his halftime adjusting defense to win his second Super Bowl while he threw 9 TD and 15 INT.

....unless I am remembering this COMPLETELY wrong. I feel pretty good about remembering it correctly, though. Also whatever changes Lou Anarumo does at halftime seems to work.

In fairness, Peyton wasn't playing that game. I don't know if he was even in the locker room. I remember it well because I was there. And it was cold af lol 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone going to apologize to Marvin Lewis? - tms - 01-18-2023, 10:55 PM