Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Snow possible for Bengals @ Bills
(01-19-2023, 11:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see rain as more of an issue than snow. But the bigger issue is wind. Any winds gusting over 15 MPH can hurt a passing game. But looks like wind around 8 MPH which is fairly calm.

There is one other option, and that is Ice Rain, and that is the worst.  Forget Rain or Snow, nothing is worse than Ice Rain. It comes down as Ice on car windows, on roads. You can't drive on it, you can't walk on it, you sure as heck can't play football on it.   So the weather prediction that the game will be snow at time and rain at times, but never clear at times, lets just hope the snow and rain don't combine to make Ice Rain and Ice up the field in seconds, because neither team can play on ice, and it would be one awful game, both teams looking awful. 

Snow or Rain, but hopefully not Ice Rain.  Since Buffalo is going to have snow days in a row before this game, it's to be expected.  I'm old and I saw 1969 Bengals at Bills game in snow so bad, there were no yard lines or out of bounds lines, just snow and 2 goal posts. Some of this use to be on YouTube. A key play was Bob Johnson snapping ball way over Greg Cooks head, due to snow, because Bob Johnson was a good center.  OJ Simpson and Paul Robinson couldn't run.  Greg Cook couldn't throw.  A low scoring game of two teams flubbing around in the snow all game.  So a game in Buffalo in late January, Snow does not surprise me.  I just hope not Ice Rain, you can't drive or walk in Ice Rain. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Snow possible for Bengals @ Bills - kevin - 01-19-2023, 04:26 PM