Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Greg Roman, potential new Bengals run game coodinator?
(01-19-2023, 04:13 PM)jason Wrote: Remember those good Colin Kaepernick and Frank Gore years? That was Greg Roman too.

Also in Buffalo he had the league's best rushing offense for two straight years. 3 different locations where his running game has absolutely excelled.

I am not asking him to be the OC, I am just acknowledging that the guy always has a great running game, and the Bengals have almost never had one of those over the span of decades.

I think we can all agree that Frank Pollack isn't getting the job done.

(01-19-2023, 04:25 PM)pally Wrote: Lamar Jackson was their leading "rusher" every year.  Roman did not facilitate a true rushing offense

Lamar Jackson was their leading rusher because he took the rushing opportunities. They still had top rushing offenses even without Lamar.

Greg Roman in Buffalo..
'16: 1st overall, 1st per carry
'15: 1st overall, 1st per carry

LeSean McCoy fell off a cliff when he left, as did Mike Gillislee who looked great under Roman. It's not like Roman's running game has never had success without Lamar.

(01-19-2023, 04:53 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I don't understand the fetish some folks have about the Bengals run game.  

This just in:  The Bengals are a passing team.

It's a fetish to not want to perenially have one of the worst rushing offenses in the NFL? I never said they need to have a top rushing offense, they are indeed a passing team, but they can't keep having a garbage running game. It'd probably do wonders to help the OL pass blocking too if defenses had to actually respect the run even marginally.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greg Roman, potential new Bengals run game coodinator? - TheLeonardLeap - 01-19-2023, 05:20 PM